Our hygiene department offers the highest level in patient care through appropriate dental treatment, patient education and personalised dental maintenance and preventive programs.
Good oral health is important to your overall well being. Promoting health through preventative dentistry and education is the heart of our practice. Ensuring optimal oral health requires a team effort, where your role and commitment is key to success.
Our dental hygienists are licensed dental professionals who specialise in preventive care. Cleanings, x-rays, preventive sealants, scalings, root planings and oral hygiene education are amongst the procedures frequently performed by a hygienist. The hygienist will teach correct brushing and flossing techniques and recommend oral hygiene products to suit individual needs.
Your hygiene appointment
The dental hygienist at MALO DENTAL will evaluate your dental health and monitor your progress. Each hygiene appointment includes:
- Evaluation of your health
- Examination of your teeth and gums
- Meticulous cleaning and polishing of the teeth above and below gum level
- Assessment and treatment recommendations for oral conditions such as bad breath and dry mouth
- Application of decay preventing agents
- Taking of radiographs as may be required for diagnostic purposes
- Instruction on correct brushing and flossing techniques and advice on appropriate oral hygiene products to suit the individual
- Outline of a personalised oral hygiene program with recommended 3, 6 or 12 monthly visits, recommended future treatment and referral for specific treatment if required